Monday, July 14, 2008

Big Smelly Bear by Britta Teckentrop


I haven't been exposed to children's books for so long, I've forgotten how wonderful they can be! I absolutely loved this book! I want Big Smelly Bear to get a little older so I can use him in my middle school classroom too! This problem does not go away! If anything, it gets worse! We need you in the 8th grade, Big Smelly Bear!
Big Smelly Bear has no friends. Why? Well, because he's a big, smelly bear that never bathes! Due to being dirty, he gets an itch he can't reach. A big fluffy bear says she'll itch his back if he takes a bath. After much arguing, Big Smelly Bear agrees and finds he's not alone anymore if he takes care of himself and doesn't smell. He says he won't bathe again, but he does at night when no one is looking. As long as it gets done, if can happen anytime!

No comments: